Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cherry Tree

Google Street View shows the house is still there.

Stu lost a cherry tree. More accurately, it died and he had it converted into a telescope stand. Reading his post for the second time today I was reminded of a tree in our backyard when I was a lad in Seattle. I think something similar must have happened because Dad cut off the upper branches leaving four stout branches projecting from the top of the trunk. He then built a skeleton platform out of two-by-two's for me and my friends to climb on. I vaguely remember it being a cherry tree, or rather the bark on the remaining sticks was very cherry-tree like. I wonder if Dad applied salt to the cut ends of the branches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The house indeed looks so so beautiful with the frontal green shape. Thanks for sharing your recalling situation and the excitement. I like the way you expressed the event. As a tree fanatics I would like to share about Tree Service Columbus GA. Columbus GA Tree Service is a local tree service company that provides expert and cost-effective tree care to the greater Columbus, Georgia area. We provide our customers with friendly and efficient services including; tree removal, stump grinding, tree trimming, and more. Maybe some guys find it helpful.