Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Remember 'Be Here Now'?


I was going to leave a comment on Dustbury, but I decided it was more like feature material, so I'm posting it here.

Remember 'Be Here Now'? I think people have taken it to heart, or maybe that's just the way that most people naturally are. Whoever makes the most noise gets the most attention because that's what's happening now. As a rule I don't watch talking heads, though I will watch the Jay Leno's monologue (is he still on TV?). Right-wing talkers all seem to be flaming jackasses, or maybe I just automatically classify flaming-jackasses as right wing flakes. The liberal (notice how I gave the left-wing a calmer label?) talkers (John Stewart, Jon Daily, John Oliver) all seem to thrive on understated sarcasm. And why are they all named Jo(h)n? If you take what any one of these yak-a-doodles say, and look into it for more than five minutes, none of it makes any sense. The blue-background hosts all seem to thrive on destroying their opponents arguments, while the red-and-white background guys seem to be all about blaring 'the obvious'.
     Anyway, I will only spend more than five minutes on a video (of any kind) if it's entertaining and someone is watching it with me. Or it's technically interesting, or I'm drinking. Drinking enables makes all kinds of boring shit tolerable.

No comments: